Friday 24 August 2018

"Come Away!"




There’s a ship the bay
And she’s calling my name
Come sail on the Ocean
Across the broad main.

Come pack up your gear
And bid loved ones to bide
For the wind it is freshening
And we sail on the tide.

Let’s seek out adventure
Some new tales to tell
New places to trade
Strange new things to sell.

Let’s sail round the islands
Before we’re too old
Perhaps we’ll come back
With treasure and gold!

They say we’re sea farers
Since the dawn of time
Be it small local lugger
Or a ship of the line.

We’ve salt in our veins
And there’s tar on our hands
Let’s once more away
And seek foreign lands.

And if I find I’m too old
Or I do not have the means
 I will still sail the oceans
On a ship of my dreams! 
Copyright © Res Burman 24th August 2018


Pirate photo courtesy of
The Smugglers Den
Causewayhead
Penzance
Cornwall

No comments:

Post a Comment