Thursday 25 February 2021

"Your Smile" An Ode to my Post Lady


If I had my way Your smile would be Declared A National Treasure

Your smile radiates
Kindness and compassion
Good nature and friendship
I’d have it printed
On all the stamps
So Royal Mail could carry
Your image the length and breadth
Of the Country
And Air-mail too
So all the world could see
The beauty of your smile.
I’d have it printed on Banknotes
So perhaps it would make us
More sensible with money
Preferring to keep your image
Close to our hearts
And if darkness enfolds us
As sometimes it will
Your smile will bring light
Into our worlds
And beauty into our hearts
We need more smiles
We all need more smiles
But most of all
We need the beauty of yours!

Copyright © Res Burman 25th February 2019


 

No comments:

Post a Comment