Saturday 11 May 2013

"Physiotherapy"


"Physiotherapy"

"Aaaaaaaaaargh!"
I screamed.
Rolling off
The gymnasium
Bench in agony.

They'd had me doing
Sit-ups,
With my upper body
Overhanging
The end of
The bench.

The two
Wooden knobs
At the end
Grinding
Into
My
Sacroiliac.
Already
Inflamed
By arthritis
And ankylosing spondelitis
To where
Eight dihydrocodeine 30s
A day were barely
Holding their own.

"Aaaaaaaaaaargh!"
I screamed,
Writhing 
On the floor
Trying to find
Just one position
That didn't hurt.

"What's the matter
Mr Burman?"
The Physiotherapist
Asked, rushing
To my side
With what I thought 
Was genuine concern.

"My back, I've hurt my back!"
I gasped.
"Oh, that's OK"
She said with relief
In her voice.
"You came in
With a bad back!"
And with that
She turned and 
Walked away!

I f**king hate
Physiotherapists!


Copyright © Res JFB 11th May 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment