Friday 21 September 2012

"Dawn"


Old man like me, I need my rest,
Three, maybe four hours at best,
But that puts my head just right,
Sleeping on the Black Breast of night.

When I leave my bed it is so neat
To put walking shoes upon my feet
Life greets me fresh each early morn
The amethyst nippled pink breast of dawn.

Oh what a way to start the day
Walking round the edge of Old Mount's Bay
Where Atlantic Current from Mexico
Meets the cold English Channel flow.

And to the East and overhead
Night's navy blue turns savage red,
And then the red to pink and blue
To greet another day so new.

This is the way I start my day
Whenever age and pain say I may,
And though I may be past my prime,
I'm getting younger all the time!

Copyright © Res JFB 20th February 2008


1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately 4 years later this is no longer the case! Good to remember how it felt though! ;-))

    ReplyDelete