Thursday 20 September 2012

"Lao Tzu"



Confucius he say:-
"Given a few more years
Of life to finish my study
Of the Book of Changes,
And I may be free from great errors!"


Just goes to show
What a Big-head,
Confucius was!

Lao Tzu smiled
And whispered:-
"The beginning of all things,
Lies still in the beyond,
In the form of ideas,
Yet to become real."


We both smiled
And walked on,
Arm in arm,
Playing Ping-Pong,
With ideas of Love.

Xiao Gao Jiao, Little Longhorn,
Munched contentedly,
On fresh grass and water chestnuts,
I’d gathered for him.
Kind brown eyes liquid,
With loving wisdom,
Too slow and deep
For me to understand.

"When will you get to the West,
Master?" I asked,
"When can I expect to see you
Riding down Causwayhead in Penzance,
On your water buffalo."

The Old Man smiled,
Put a finger to his lips,
"Ah you Westerners," he said fondly,
"Better to live in wonder
Than just wondering!"

With a twinkle in his eye,
He squeezed my arm and said,
"Little Brother, if you thought less
And felt more, you’d know,
I’m already there with you!"

Copyright © Res JFB 20th February 2008

Comments in italics:-

Confucious's statement is from his "Analects"
Lao Tzu's statement is from the "I Ching"


No comments:

Post a Comment