Saturday 14 November 2009

"Word From Oz"



There's a whisper on the prairie
A word upon the "Ghan"
A murmur in the Outback
That they're at it again!

Yep, two who should know better
And who never meant no harm
But I do believe they're at it
Up in the Old Hay Barn.

They say they're talkin' literature
Among the bales and stooks
But that's the place for pleasure
Not discussing books!

But now I begin to wonder
Because we know our Jo is Boss
And a Book arrived this morning
And it's called a "Word From Oz."

And it's full of poems by Soma
It's full of words of delight
And the whisper's a Melbourne Bluesman
At last has got it right!

Copyright © Res JFB 18th July 2008


2 comments:

  1. Ha! You're such a love! That brings back a lot of memories, Res!! I didn't know about this blog; got a lotta catching up to do!

    Mine is: http://brev.is/TBh3 Join me and Otis Redding around the campfire! "I've been loving yoo ooo ooo" Jo VonBargen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about it either Jo. At least I did, but I lost it about three years ago! I couldn't remember where I'd posted it or what I'd called it and I thought it was gone forever. A few days ago a nice German Lady Doctor who lives in Japan and who hosts a Japanese poetry page on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/poetryjoysofjapan/) messaged me saying she'd enjoyed my recent Haiku and that I should add them to my blog. I explained that I'd lost my blog three years earlier" She said, "That's OK, it's here:- (and included a link)! Small world, innit? Since then I've added 118 more poems!
      Thanks for the link, Lovely, I'll get to it as soon as I've answered all the bloody comments I've got waiting on Facebook!
      Come and join me on this blog, I've only got three friends here and I'm one of them!
      This also bought back some lovely memories of nights around the campfire!
      Hope the world is treating you well
      Much Love ~ Res

      Delete